Posted by: macintoshsisters | August 20, 2008

Customers warned after iPods catch fire in Japan

Apple has confirmed that older versions of its iPod Nano could overheat because of battery problems

Consumers were warned about the possibility of their iPods overheating yesterday after Japanese authorities reported three incidents of the devices catching fire.

Apple, which makes the iPod, confirmed yesterday that older versions of the iPod Nano could overheat, but stressed that such incidents were extremely rare and occurred in “less than 0.001 per cent” of devices.

The Japanese Government said it was investigating a possible battery defect in the iPod Nano after it received three reports of the device overheating – two in Tokyo and one in the Kanagawa Prefecture, near the capital.

FULL article at TIMESONLINE

Advertisements

Categories

%d bloggers like this: